Friday, August 12, 2005

Multidirectional Triangle Scarf

Here's my version of the Multidirectional Triangle Scarf hot off the needles. I used one skein of wool that was spun from some dye-painted roving. It was an experiment in spinning 4 lengths of similarly painted roving onto 2 bobbins and then plying to keep the colours somewhat together. There are areas in the yarn where the colours in the two plies are the same and areas where they are different. Since I only had one skein I wasn't sure what to use it for but this pattern from Iris Schreier of ArtYarns is perfect!

I had a wee bit of trouble in the last triangle section but a message to the Multidirectional Yahoogroup from a knitter who had the same problem really helped. So did a good night's sleep and rereading the directions! Here's the finished scarf and a detail:


I only had about 5 yards of yarn left after knitting the scarf. It was nip and tuck there for awhile, but I just ignored how much yarn I was using and just knitted. If the worse came to the worst I'd just pull it out and frog back one equilateral triangle. But luckily, I didn't have to! This is the leftover ball:


Not much left, huh?

Details of my MD Triangle scarf -
Yarn: 125 g skein of approx. sport weight yarn, about 400 yards total
Needles: size 7 (4.5mm)
Gauge: 18 st = 4"
Finished size: 5" wide by 64" long

So nice to cross another thing off my UFO list!

3 comments:

garnlek said...

What a beauty!

Angela said...

Hey - looks nice!

Anonymous said...

Looks terrific Louisa!