Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yesterday's Rainbow


And it’s a double too! Ain’t it purty? It looks like the pot of gold should be in that house kitty-corner across the street from me, doesn’t it? Bet they can't find it! Notice the pink cherry blossoms in full bloom. Spring is well on its way here even though we had a bit of snow last week.

I’ve finished the project for the movie. Here’s the picture I was working from and the two finished spindles plus a bit of extra alpaca for the distaff if they decide to use it. Now I wait to see if it actually gets into the final cut of the movie! And got paid in cash already.



I ended up frogging the toes of the first Ninja Sock as it definitely wasn’t coming out properly. So much for the instructions in the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook which I’m sure are not correct. My version didn’t resemble the picture in the book anyway. Next I’m going with the pattern at SpunMag for the Geisha Socks. A little adjustment for the increased number of stitches and I should be able to get the male version out of this. At least I’m hoping! I’ll put the instructions in a post as soon as I’m sure it’s working. Somehow I knew this wasn’t going to be a piece of cake. There’s a lot to take into consideration with the split toe. First you have to add stitches between the toes for the fourchette. Then on the outer edge of the little toes section you need to decrease more sharply towards the top. The big toe goes straight up until the quick decreases at the top, just like a glove finger. Now to make this actually work in practice.

I may or may not be teaching an Intermediate Spinning class tonight. I haven’t heard yet for sure if they got enough students to run it. Wonder what spinning technique I should start with? It’s hard to know actually. In some ways my intermediate classes are student-driven. One class wanted exotic fibres and another wanted fancy plying. One student spent the whole class time learning to wool comb. Spinning is either very simple or very complex depending on how far you want to take it.

No comments: