Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stymied

The weather is still rainy in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon, so I still didn’t get my grafting tutorial photographed. As a matter of fact, Blogger is being ornery today and not uploading pictures at all. It looks like they upload but they don’t appear in the blog post. They’ve scheduled an outage at 4pm today so maybe that will fix it. Or not. This has been an intermittent problem for a long time.

Anyway, I was working on making book covers for my travel journal today. They’re sitting between waxed paper under a load of heavy books right now as I attempt to dry them without warping. Heh. I also made a cardboard cradle that helps in piercing holes in the “signatures” which are the sections of folded paper that make up the “book block” that goes inside the covers. I had a wonderful time using all different sorts of papers and colours and mixing them up. I made a couple of pocket pages and a couple that unfold out. I even printed out some knitting graph paper and put that in. Hopefully I’ll be able to upload pictures tomorrow. Saturday is the day I’ll be doing the Coptic stitch binding and sewing on the buttons and making a cord to close the cover. Then it will be done and ready to go. I have to get over my fear of writing in my handmade books. I don’t want this one to be too perfect or I won’t be able to use it. Yeah, as if I could make anything perfect!

What else? Not much actually because chopping up paper and getting glue all over took most of my day so far. I finally went online and got a 2-year subscription to Knitter’s magazine since I can’t seem to find it around here any more at any of my usual magazine outlets. I’ve complained before about how nobody seems to be carrying it for the last 6 months or so. Don’t want to mess up a perfect set, now do I? That would be awful!

I need to go do the dishes before I dirty them all up again while making dinner.

No comments: