Monday, February 26, 2007

Yet Another Sockish FO

These were the socks I started for my MIL but decided that I didn’t like them for her. I finished them mostly because they were occupying my needles! After their little trip through the Violent Sea, they look much better, at least to me. This is the 5th pair of socks I’ve finished so far in 2007. If I keep this up, I’ll beat my last year’s record of 19 pairs!

Regia 6-Ply Socks


Begun: February 5, 2006
Completed: February 25, 2006

Yarn: 2 balls Regia 6-ply Jacquard Color, 75% wool/25% polyamide, 125 m = 50 g, colour 5180, roses & blues stripes and grey/white spots. I had very little left so 3 balls would be needed for larger socks in this yarn. Dyed in weak solution of Lanaset violet dye, low-water immersion method with microwave. I didn’t measure so not sure of exact amount used. Note that the dark rose shade was not very colourfast and ran somewhat into the white areas when I got the socks wet.

Needles: 2.25 mm Boye coated aluminum dpns

Pattern: My Standard socks on 60 sts.

Comments: These are much nicer after their sojourn in the Violent dyebath! It toned them down but added a spark of brightness at the same time.

Meanwhile I’m liking how the blues/greens socks are coming out. I’m calling them the Ocean Socks. I must be in the mood for more subtle colour shifts like these and the purple Nana Socks. I’m kind of off the self-striping colours at the moment.

Another short post. T-Man is off work today and the Ninja and family are coming over this afternoon. I haven’t seen them in almost a month so it’ll be nice to visit. Hopefully they’re all over their colds and flu. Even the baby Stargazer got sick, poor thing. He’s not even 2 months old yet. Bet he’s grown though! The kids gave their parents a whole 7 hours sleep last night so everyone should be in a good mood today. Must remember to keep my mouth shut on the “parental curse” comments, hey? You know, the “I hope your kids do to you what you did to us” revenge for all the worry and sleepless nights they gave us? Lips. Zipped. Truly I love my kids and their spouses and their kids and don’t wish anything bad to happen to them ever. Only the best always.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I like the after-dye version better, too!