Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why So Sad?

Today the clouds are weeping. It seems so odd because we haven’t seen rain like this for quite awhile. Welcome that it saves me from standing for ages out there watering and the parched soil where I missed finally gets some too. It’s finally raining hard enough to penetrate through the canopy of leaves on my trees. Now hopefully it won’t keep raining for the next 2 weeks straight. I was going to go get a few groceries today but it can wait. At least it’s not too hot nor too cool and it’s rather pleasant for a change. The clouds might be sad but I’m not.

I promised the Boring Black Socks today and in the interests of continuing the documentation of my FOs here we are:

Son-in-Law’s Boring Black Birthday Socks


Begun: June 11, 2007 (I think! We were on holiday at the time and I didn’t record the exact date when I cast on.)
Completed: July 14, 2007

Yarn: Sandnesgarn Sisu, 80% wool/20% nylon, 50g = 160 m, 2 balls colour 1099 black.
Needles: Addi Natura bamboo, 2mm dpns.

Comments: Plain cuff down socks on 72 sts, 8” before heel flap, Eye of Partridge heel, 8” before toe decreases. Here’s a heel detail:


These took awhile to knit due to many interruptions with all the cleaning and sorting and excess heat etc. that’s been going on around Damselfly’s Pond. Hard to see the stitches without good light too. I had about 3 or 4 metres left of each ball. Cutting it pretty close, I’d say!

As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve already cast on for the next pair for T-Man. My Fern Leaf Scarf is about a metre long now. I figure that’s a little over halfway through the ball of yarn. I plan to knit until I run out of this, the leftovers from the Cherry Leaf Shawl. I’ve been spinning up the slightly trashy moorit merino into textured laceweight yarn and just finished the second bobbin of singles. Now I get to ply! Yay! It’s more relaxing when you don’t have to continually pick out bits of prickly plant matter and can just cruise.

No comments: