Saturday, February 02, 2008

Between Mid-Winter & Spring Equinox

Happy Imbolc, Groundhog Day, Candlemas or whatever else you want to call it. Today we traditionally look for signs of spring and an end to winter. Though there’s still a bit of the last fall of snow left around here, my daffodils are poking up several inches tall and the witch hazel down the block is in full bloom. My hazelnut tree has catkins. I think things are looking a bit brighter around here. At least for the moment. Notice how I hedge my optimism? Ya just never know.

It was lovely and sunny and relatively warm today, at least in the sunshine. We went for another fairly long walk today and…bought a new portable backup hard drive. Since I never did find my old one after I put it away for safekeeping while we were away on holiday last June and this one was bigger capacity and on sale for $100. If I do ever find the original I can have 2 backups. I was pushing my luck not having one all this time. Now I’ll probably find the original tomorrow.

Interesting that my last post sparked some response from readers. I think a lot of people are starting to realize that slow can be a good thing. I’m not talking about being lazy or not meeting deadlines or goals. I’m just talking about living at a reasonable pace. Taking time to appreciate life. Smelling the roses, so to speak. Thanks for all your lovely thoughts and affirming mine.

Short one today. More anon.

No comments: