Thursday, June 05, 2008

Me-Me-Me

Here’s a meme that’s been going around. Many folks haven’t gone through the trouble of actually tagging anybody so I’m considering myself tagged. You can too, but only if you want to be.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Pretty much all the same things as now though I was also teaching occasional craft classes and editing my weavers’ guild newsletter. (I worked on that darn thing for 13 years in total!) Perhaps a little more weaving and beading and a little less knitting than currently. Oh and there was the steering committee work for our big HGA conference, Convergence 2002. I was “Publications”, a job that I knew would be over before the conference began so I could actually enjoy myself there. It took my guild 5 years of planning and hard work to put on the best Convergence ever, only to lose money in the end. Boo-hoo. (Now HGA organises it themselves in-house.)

2. What were five things on my to-do list today (not in any particular order)?

Make a potluck dish. (Faux-tato Salad made with orange cauliflower instead of potatoes. Yum.)
Go to my Spectrum Study Group meeting. (Where I will share the potluck dish with my friends.)
Stitch on our Bag Project at the meeting. (No, I haven’t blogged much about that. Eventually.)
This evening, go to a meeting of the Vancouver Guild of Fibre Arts. (First one I’ve attended this year and the last meeting of the year until Fall. Bad Damselfly.)
Pay my VGFA guild dues for next year. (Dues for the Greater Vancouver Weavers’ & Spinners’ Guild are coming up in a couple of weeks too. I belong to several local guilds and a couple of international ones. Not HGA though. Long story. See first question.)

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

Salty: corn chips with artichoke and asiago dip (I prefer potato chips but they don’t like me much), peanuts, plain salted popcorn (though I don’t eat it often)
Sweet: dark chocolate (must be really good quality), gelato in a waffle cone, honey mandarins

4. Where are some places I've lived?

Vancouver, BC, Canada. I still live in the same neighbourhood I’ve lived most of my life including nearly 30 years in this house. (World Traveler - not.)

5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?

Let T-Man retire (as soon as he wants to), help my birth mom with her cancer treatments, pay off hers and my kid’s mortgages, put money in education accounts for my grandkids, do some upgrade and repair work on the house, replace all the junk in my house with handmade craft pieces (commissioned or purchased from the artists). Then after putting enough money away for us to live in reasonable comfort, I’d probably start a retirement home for aging fibre artists. Wouldn't that be totally wonderful? Nobody really needs a billion dollars. They just think they do.

OK, now I’m off to do all the things I listed in Question 2.

1 comment:

Silk said...

i have just recently discovered "asiago and articoke dip... it is to die for.. i like it on rice crackers, i just introduced it to my spinny friends at a mini spinning retreat at FENN LODGE.. perfect 3 days away..and they loved it...