Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This's & That's

We only survived the Moppets yesterday by feeding them pepperoni pizza and watching Wallace & Gromit. Four of my new Play-Doh colours are now homogenized into one interesting kinda-purple colour. And one of my dry-erase pens got determinedly squished in a fit of pique. It was fun actually! They grow so fast that every time I see them, they’ve learned new things. Stargazer just turned 2 and has new words daily. (“Here ya go!” is the current favourite.) Princess Pink actually does play with him sometimes now rather than just taking all the toys away. And she counted up to 24 and only missed 13. Must be an unlucky number, eh? I love being a Granny. At least a couple of times a month.

While they were visiting, The Ninja, who owns a comic shop, pointed me to a video showing them knitting teeny-tiny and rather elaborate little sweaters for Neil Gaiman’s upcoming “Coraline” 3-D animated movie. I haven’t read the book but it’s just the kind of thing I love to watch (rather than read) – eerie fairy-tale/nightmare. And it’s directed by Henry Selick, director of “Nightmare Before Christmas”, one of my all-time favourite movies. (Yes, I do know that I’m rather odd. Your point?) I’m looking forward to it. If I can see the 3-D properly. It’s the stereoscopic kind not the one with funny red and green glasses so it should be ok. More info on the movie here. Warning: you’ll need a fast connection though. Lots of animation and sound. And there are more videos on creating the animation characters and things on YouTube.

So it’s the last day of 2008, huh? That was fast! It seemed like it just zipped by on wings. I guess that means that I wasn’t bored at all. I’ll be working on my word for 2009, “Harmonize”. But I won’t make any resolutions since they are always the same ones that never get completely resolved: get organized, lose weight, get into the studio daily, work in a series, weave and spin more, etc. etc. I’ll just take it as it comes and look forward and just carry on doing stuff and see where that takes me. You never know. Life isn’t a race you can win anyway so you might as well enjoy the run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonne Année Louisa
Wishing all of us good health, and the rest will follow. Thanks again for teaching me how to spin, though I'm sure you had your doubts in the beginning... I had coordination issues hahaha!

Suzanne

Louisa said...

Not to worry, Suzanne dear! It's like riding a bike. Everyone is a little wobbly in the beginning and it just takes some of us a little longer to get coordinated. But not many people can never ride a bike eventually if they want to badly enough! Happy New Year to you too.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year girl! Here's to fibre, friends, and fun in 2009. :)