Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Hello and Goodbye

Alrighty then. I’ve done the deed. I have a new blog home! I feel both sad and excited at the same time. Sad because it’s been nearly 14 years here on Blogger and I’m leaving reluctantly. I’m leaving behind nearly 2000 posts and lots and lots of photos. It’s a huge chunk of my life, to be honest. However, I’m not going to even try to port anything over. It’s just too complicated to even consider. At the same time I’m rather excited with the new format on WordPress.com. It looks fresh and clean and I’ve already had good experiences with the platform and also with the community over there.

A wee bit of admin first though. I’m leaving this blog up exactly where it is for the foreseeable future - or until Blogger sinks into the sea, whichever comes first! Please update your blog readers to the new address. Hopefully the RSS feed is working properly. I really don’t want to leave anyone behind! I care about you all, my dear readers. Comments on the new blog will need to be approved by me the first time you post but should work fine for subsequent comments. Do let me know if anything isn’t working for you and if necessary leave a comment here to say so in case there’s something I can do to fix it.

So without further ado, I hope you will all follow me over to the shiny new Damselfly’s Delights!


This is me beckoning to you like a human Maneki Neko...

No comments: