Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Adventures In Blogland

Technical talk alert! Technophobes please skip this part.

I managed to get my blog converted over to the new beta version of Blogger, but I dunno. I tried to change my template with their new “easy to use” system and lost all my loverly sidebar stuff. I worked hard to learn just enough HTML to mess with that the way I like it and there’s no way I was going to lose it! Maybe I’m too dumb for their Templates For Dummies approach but I found it cumbersome to even add a list or a link section. Back to editing the nekkid code for me.
However while I’m at it, I’m going to put a new picture of me that I played with in Paint Shop Pro X in my profile. But first I have to post it on here because I never did figure out how to avoid that step. And I’ll add a girl damselfly picture just for good measure. Maybe I can get it up there in my title area eventually if I can get the HTML right. Just to keep this exciting, I’m going to try to post from Picasa. Haven’t done that before! Always balancing on the edge, hey?





Look! It worked!! OK, you technophobes can come back now.

This is going to be a short post because I need to go teach my newbie spinners tonight. I still have to find a few items to bring with me to show them about preparation. Not that many of them want to be bothered with raw fleece, but you never know. When I was a new spinner, there wasn’t much choice! Dirty greasy fleece from some meat sheep was about all you could get. Now you can get lovely carded or combed preps and even dyed and blended with silk or tencel or other yummy stuff. These gals don’t know how spoiled they are! I’m going to try to tell them tonight. Wish me luck.

I’m getting towards the top of one of the fronts on my Little Squares sweater. I need to spin more yarn because I’m running out. I might make it through this piece but that’s it. I’ve been trying to be good and ignore the Ribby Socks I cast on. And as you probably guessed, I didn’t help my DIL with the curtains. I sewed them all by myself while we chatted. Then I made us all dinner.

No comments: