Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let’s Paws For A Moment

In memory of my late lamented lady-cats, I just donated to the SPCA’s “Paws for a Cause” walk sponsoring my sister Dorothy, nephew Evan and their dog Cody. My sis is the SPCA for the Queen Charlotte Islands (Haida Gwaii) and does a tremendous job with minimal resources. I know the money will go right where it’s needed and not one penny of it will be wasted. I’ve never used my blog to solicit funds before but if you want to help her reach her modest goal of $1000, go here. TIA!

I’m nearly up to the toes on the Purple Passion Socks and they’re going quite quickly for a change now that the weather is cooler. And wetter. I keep waiting for the front railing to dry out enough to stain but every time it’s nearly ready, it starts to rain again. So I’m relaxing just a bit which gives me more time to knit. And read. And vacuum the basement, sort out my travelling projects, print out instructions, wash the dishes, cook…OK, so I didn’t relax hardly at all.

Well the sun is finally coming out so I’d best get into my painting gear. T-Man wants to get started on the garage when he gets home from work. It didn’t get nearly as wet as the railing (which, if it stays dry, I can do tomorrow) because of the big trees around it so it should be ok to start to put the undercoat on now. I was going to start hauling everything out of the last attic space but T suggested I wait until next week. It might clash a little with my holiday packing though. And I still have to make a travel journal because my old one is full. Too much to do; not enough time to do it all in. No matter how hard I try. Luckily I can completely ignore that last attic for as long as I like because it ain’t going anywhere until I get around to it. Plus even the door to it is hidden in the dark behind the closet. As out of sight as anything can be in my house. Heh.

No comments: