Friday, May 13, 2016

Bean Rescued

I'm trying again to use a different blog editor. I'm going to need one that can save drafts properly for our big trek later this summer. So far I don't think it's going to work properly so a workaround may have to be found. Meanwhile I have a great story for you. It won't matter if the font is wrong or there are no paragraph spaces, right? Anyway, we were walking along the False Creek seawall down by Science World today and happened on a daring rescue! We watched as the police boat rounded up the yellow bean that had somehow gotten loose from the public sculpture in Charleson Park, much further along the seawall near Granville Island. They had a group of people to help get it up on the new paddling dock that just opened recently. Very exciting!
Then the folks had to figure out how to get it back to its buddies! We left as they were struggling to get it onto a dolly but apparently the bean was returned safely. I have no idea how they accomplished the rest of the journey though! We found out later that some nefarious someone had rolled it down and off the seawall sometime last night. Amazing since it weighs a ton! The sculptor when reached said that he was happy that people were "interacting" with it. Heh. Well, we thought it was a rather amusing incident. More soon. I need to figure this editor problem out. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

No comments: