Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've Been Stabbed!

Luckily it’s not fatal. (I hope. LOL!!) I went to the dentist today for my semiannual cleaning. It wasn’t raining and it was quite warm (15 C. - nearly a record high for today) so I walked the half-hour or so in the fresh air. My dental hygienist, the lovely Russian Victoria, who is usually so thorough but gentle, managed to slip and stabbed me with a scraper right in the valley between my lip and my gum on the left side. Ouchie! It’s a bit puffy and sore at the moment but hopefully will heal quickly. She also found another white patch on my tongue which might mean I have thrush again. Sigh. Why won’t it stay gone? I don’t want to be a Fungus-Face!

Meanwhile, this morning I finished the linen scarf! Finally. I was beginning to think it was endless.

Bronze Ribbon Scarf


Begun: July 30, 2008
Completed: November 12, 2008

Yarn: Louet Euroflax linen sportweight, 270 yds = 100g, colour Gypsy Bronze, 1.3 skeins (about 350 yds).
Needles: Addi Lace 24” circular, 3.25mm

Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery, Knitty Spring 2008

Comments: This really was a slow project for me. Modifications were I reduced the width to 3 ribbons by casting on 35 sts and I knit a couple of ribs of garter stitch before beginning the pattern on one of the “interim” rows and then ended with the garter stitch as well. I only used about 1/3 of the second skein but it’s quite long enough at around 2 m. No idea how many repeats – I just knitted until I thought it was long enough. After stitching in the ends I washed it and dried it in the dryer with a large towel to help absorb and cushion. I gave it a final hot steamy press. Now it’s soft and drapey and yummy and I’m very happy I finally finished it.

So now I’m being spoiled and T-Man is making dinner…er, ordering pizza. I’ll have to chew on the non-ouchie side. But it’ll be yummy anyway. Any food I don’t have to cook myself is a treat.

No comments: