I’m feeling kind of grumpy today even though it’s lovely and sunny outside. My mouth still hurts more than I thought it would though I think some of the swelling has gone down. Maybe I’m just feeling smacked upside the head when I didn’t deserve it. Not that my dental hygienist injured me on purpose or anything. But getting my teeth cleaned is uncomfortable enough without extra pain being inflicted. Her training says not to make any big deal out of it but I feel like more of an apology might have helped my bad feelings. OK, I’ll quit feeling sorry for myself now. Moving right along.
I was playing with some more of the paper yarn that I started swatching a few weeks ago. I knit a separate leaf on a stem that coordinates with the last leaf edging swatch. Then I washed it and painted it with dilute fabric paints just to see what happens. As usual the colour migrated to the top surface so the back is still very pale but it was a fun experiment. Next I need to try dyeing with Procion MX dyes to see what happens and how hard it is to rinse the paper yarn clear. My two full cones of this yarn are ordered and will be here eventually. I’m going to share half a cone with a friend because I don’t really need that much. I just took my chance when it came by! I used my Working Journal and stuck in my swatches and pattern notes. I’m trying to be good and use the book the way it’s supposed to be used. Even if I haven’t really done much with the exercises we’ve been given in the class. I skipped ahead to find a place where there was black paper, white paper and a spacer so I could make the quirks of my handmade book work for me. What do you think?
In other news, finished my guild’s membership booklet finally. It wasn’t all that much work really but a lot of copy/paste/delete stuff. Tired mouse hand! Now I have to take it to the printer and get 160 copies made. Fun stuff. I’m looking forward to crossing this one off my list.
I also turned both heels on the Purple Ruffles Socks and they should go faster now that only half of each round is in the pattern stitch. I also got a few rows done on the Seaweed Shawl. It’s still a pretty teensy piece o' knitting but I’m hoping to get past the central star stitch area very soon and on to the next chart. I’ve also tied about half of the shibori ties on the Shibori Scarf. Getting there slowly. Don’t want to hurt my hands.
And now that the table loom is nekkid, absolutely nothing has happened with the beaded weaving project that I’m supposed to do and then write up for the Complex Weavers Journal. The article is due by December 15. And I have no idea what I’m going to do yet. Urp.