Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tired Hands

I am suffering a serious case of Trying To Do It All. It’s a combination of attempts to whip the garden into shape, clean and reorganise large portions of the house, and knit/crochet/weave/sew about a gazillion projects. I blame the fibery part of the project overload on Ravelry. It’s so exciting and inspiring to see all the stuff I could make! Even if I only get around to a tiny portion of the things in my queue I’ll be doing good. Especially since said queue just keeps getting longer and longer. And longer. And now there’s Weavolution, the weaving site a bit like Ravelry, just to add to the dilemma.

So today I got up saying that I would take it easy and not push it. Heh. First I spent an hour watering the garden, then I planted the last of the flowers (impatiens), started some new seeds (purple sprouting broccoli, more lettuce and greens), cleaned up the indoor “grow-op” area, vacuumed there and then carried on to vacuum a goodly portion of the rest of the basement. Whew! So much for trying to take it easy today, huh?

At least I managed to get some serious knitting and reading time in during the afternoon. However, in case you missed it that doesn’t rest my hands in any way. No wonder they are feeling achy. I’ve got nobody to blame but myself. And my infernal internal stubborn will to keep going. I’m not sure more hours in the day would help either because stuff just grows to fill the empty space. Oh well. It’s the process that counts, right? I certainly don’t need to go to the gym to work out! Good thing because that would cut into my production time. Do not tell me about spinning wheel exercise cycles or knitting while on the treadmill! Right now I’m going to rest my hands by stopping typing…

No comments: