Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Day: Aftermath

That was so much FUN!!! Twenty-one total family members from Great-Nana down to the tiniest new little one. A couple more sadly couldn’t make it but the house was full, tummies were full and hearts were full. We didn’t get into bed until nearly midnight. Whew. Obviously a big success! 

And there’s enough leftovers in the fridge so we don’t have to cook much for several days. Good thing I have a big fridge! We had blueberry GF pancakes with leftover whipped cream for breakfast this morning. Total yum. Also we now have toys and crumbs strewn from one end of the house to the other. Guess I need to get cleaning to wear some of that good stuff off, huh?

But first, here’s the last of the completed knitting FOs:

Segue Socks

DyedToeUps For:  me

Begun: September 13, 2013
Completed: October 5, 2013

Yarn: Phildar Preface, 70% wool/30% nylon, colour 010 (white), 211yds = 50g, used 2 balls.

Needles: Clover Takumi dpns, 2mm

Pattern: Toe-Up Socks With a Difference by Wendy D. Johnson, free Ravelry download

Mods: Began with 24 sts and increased to 64. Used lifted increases (right and left versions) instead of kfb (except on heel turn). Moved toe incs inward one stitch each side to make a deeper toe box. Knit 5.5” of foot before gusset which fit much better than the 6” I used last pair. Before beginning leg, dec the extra stitch at the end/beg of next plain round which hides the dec in the edge of the heel stitch area. Knit leg to 9” and began 2/2 rib to use up entire ball of yarn.

Comments: This was the first results of my Segue Dyeing experiments from a couple of years ago. Took me this long to knit it up! Guess I was waiting for a toe-up sock pattern that I liked, huh? Trying yet again with Wendy’s pattern. It’s getting easier! I used stitch markers to help with the heel gusset and paid closer attention when I did the heel turn so it came out correctly. I definitely like the way these fit my foot. Extra-long cuffs fold over for warmth.

I have yet another knitting project nearly finished though it does need a dye session to complete. More anon!

Oh, and thanks for all the lovely wishes and comments on yesterday’s post! You all are so sweet.

No comments: