Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Short Hiatus

Well, I managed to miss a couple of days there, didn't I? Don't worry. You didn't miss anything good. I wore the same thing on both days and it was an unexciting combo of several things I've already showed you earlier.

Yesterday was a rare sunny day and we spent it running over to West Vancouver to deliver my guild's spinning equipment to a new rental person. I've had the position for so long that I don't remember when I started. Maybe 20 years ago? Something like that. I used to have all of the rental equipment - small looms, spinning wheels, carders etc. - but I unloaded the weaving stuff quite awhile back. This time I unloaded the rest on an experienced spinner who will store it all until someone wants to borrow it. Or the guild can sell it all! I don't care. I just wanted my attic space back. Now I have room to put my own spinning wheels in there instead. How nice.


While we were over there on the north shore, we also took the opportunity to take a walk on the Ambleside seawall and have lunch at a lovely little Thai restaurant. The photo shows (left to right) West Van high rises, the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park with a big freighter coming out of the harbour in front and a small fish boat cruising around. Look how calm the water is! So unusual. Somehow by the time we got home most of the day had disappeared. How does that happen?

So today's outfit:

  • Stretch wool vest, MM (Marcy Tilton's V8876, left off the bottom hem tier)
  • Brown ribbed turtleneck, SB
  • Brown stretch boot-cut pants, MM
  • Knitted green lacey socks, MM (pre-Ravelry)
  • Black Birkenstocks

Dressed for: Working on the computer. Still trying to organize all my files.

2 comments:

pao said...

Hey, I was there! I like what you did with the Tilton pattern. I've only made it as a dress, but there's so much potential for other stuff - like your vest. And I've seen coats made from it too. I luv seeing your daily outfits, Louisa. Thanks.

Louisa said...

Yes, you were here! And it was lovely to meet you IRL too, pao. I'm glad all my silly photos are somehow of benefit. I know I get a lot of inspiration from seeing what other people do too. I guess it was time I returned the favour, huh?