Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Sweater Ornament

This little sweater is going to my nephew for his and his fiancée’s first Christmas tree together.


Begun: December 21, 2007
Completed: December 25, 2007

Yarn: approximately worsted weight vintage handspun in dark red and teal green.
Needles: Clover bamboo dpns in 3.75mm.

Pattern: “Minutia” free pattern from Berroco, sweater #7.

Comments: Not hard to knit but many joins and ends to work in after completion. Cute though! I mostly used the dpns as straight needles except for the collar. I made the wire hanger with Artistic Wire’s 18 gauge red-coated copper wire, 12” length. I used my Wacketdown (2 nylon slabs) to stiffen and flatten the hanger after forming. The finished sweater is about 4” long.

We’re heading out shortly to pick up T’s Aunties to take them to Christmas dinner at my nephew’s future MIL’s. If I can stop sniffling and sneezing long enough to go, that is. I sure don’t want to give this cold to anyone but at the same time, I don’t want to sit home by myself with the cats and eat leftovers. Decisions. Decisions.

1 comment:

Gail from Surrey said...

Very cute, indeed! I have knit a couple of tiny ones from *cheater" yarn (as one of my cousins calls it)......commercial self-patterning yarn. Really must try some from "non-cheating" yarn.

Hope you are feeling better, otherwise, lots of water and homemade chicken soup for you!