Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Take It Back

OK, apparently you can injure yourself seriously while skating around and around really fast. Our speed skater, Jeremy Wotherspoon, has a 14” steel plate complete with screws in his arm from a past incident. I guess when you’re trying so hard to win, serious accidents are sadly always possible. I think I’ll stick with walking to the store.

I’m done the Natural Fibres slide show! Yay! Now I’m just tweaking the words to go with them and hunting down and labelling a few more fibre/yarn samples. As I was waking up this morning, I had a flash of inspiration on how to display them. I was going to pass around a basket while I talked but I think it’s better if I just put them out on a table or two and let the audience have at them after the slides. They’ll be better able to see and feel everything with the lights up and it can all be spread out. They also won’t be missing my fabu slides and deathless prose! I’m so smart.

At least I wasn’t kept awake by the revellers downtown last night. I could hear them as I went to sleep but it wasn’t too loud. Everybody is certainly having a good time! I’m happy enough just to catch a few glimpses of the events on TV. The weather is improving today and I’ve noticed lots of buds and flowers out already. I think we’re a couple of weeks ahead of schedule this year. I hope to have some pictures for you tomorrow when I have more time. Just to make those who are still experiencing winter envious!

Alright! Back to work. I need to do some serious housecleaning once I’ve printed out my talk. This place has been going downhill for days. Without skis.

No comments: