We’ve had a bit of a respite from the intense heat over the last few days. It even sprinkled enough so I didn’t have to water as much! However along with the clouds we’ve had haze from lots of fires and the occasional smell of smoke. Not fun. The air quality is really bad. This seems to be a summer trend now and not a trend I wish to continue. A number of our nearby fires especially could have been prevented if people weren’t so appallingly stupid and careless. Grrr...
On a happier note, I’ve actually managed to finish a few projects. First up the Trillian In Linen Shawl, pattern by Martina Behm.
The yarn is Prism hand-dyed Euroflax Laceweight in colourway Kilimanjaro. Matches my dress and my glasses! Heh. I originally began a different shawl but decided that the pattern was too busy for this variegated linen so frogged and began again with Trillian which is mostly simple garter stitch and shows off the yarn much better. The shape ended up a long narrow asymmetrical triangle which I quite like. It was a bit tricky to block though:
I had to use more blocking wires than I expected. It ended up a shawl/scarf hybrid!
Now that shawl is finished I still have 3 knitting projects on the go:
On the bottom of the pile is my Lacca Laneway tunic, on the right is the Deciduous pullover and on the left are the short socks for Thom. Priority is the socks because there’s only a limited time left with weather warm enough for him to wear them. Which of course means the other two sweaters are patiently waiting their turn. No hurry. I have a plethora of sweaters. Assuming it ever gets cold enough to need one. Did I just contradict myself there?
I was so happy when it cooled off a little that I finally felt like getting back up to the not-quite-so-much-sweat shop. Caught up on a heap of ironing, a little mending and finished these three garments that have been languishing since last summer. First the Lane Raglan t-shirt turned into a tunic:
These are all TNT patterns and basics in my wardrobe. (And you might notice how many indy patterns I’m starting to use instead of Big 4.) The fabric is a fairly lightweight cotton/lycra baby rib in a very bright orange-red. (Umm, yes, I love orange. Why do you ask?) I cut these garments out last year but didn’t get around to sewing them up before we went away on our September vacation. Glad to finally get them off my checklist! Not sure what I’ll be sewing next. I’m going to have to go through the stash to remember what I had planned.
But first we’re going away again for a few days. It’s the annual Fambly Campout this coming weekend so packing will be top of my mind for the next couple of days. I still have garden produce to deal with too before we go anywhere. I’ve been dehydrating tomatoes and making bean pickles but there are still more waiting. Looking forward to a bit of a holiday again but I know with the Grandbeasties around it’s not going to be much of a rest! A lot of fun though.