Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Meme

“In casual use, the term meme often refers to any piece of information passed from one mind to another. Examples might include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods.”

I got that from Wikipedia, which is also itself a meme. The Internet has caused memes to infect more people faster than ever before. Oh yeah, it’s pronounced “meem” (rhymes with “dream”). In the Blogverse, it’s like a chain letter or being tagged as It. Bloggers like to pass memes around, such as the following “20 Things About Me” exercise. It wasn't passed to me though. I took it!

1. I live for fibres and beads.
2. My husband, family, and friends are even more important to me than fibres and beads, but they might not believe me if I told them that.
3. I spend way too much time on the computer but I can live without it. For awhile. Weeks even. Just don’t ask me to.
4. My Palm Handheld is more important to me than my cell phone which I almost never use or even turn on unless I’m making a call.
5. I love to hang out in my studio (top floor of my house) and just play all day by myself.
6. I enjoy organizing things.
7. I have way too many craft books and magazines. I need more bookshelves for them.
8. When I’m not reading craft books and magazines, I read fantasy and sci-fi.
9. Some days I feel very old and other days I feel very young so I guess that means I’m middle-aged.
10. I don’t like most of today’s fashions because they are too similar to the ones I liked as a teenager.
11. I’m not afraid of looking odd to others so I wear whatever I want.
12. I’m a very cheerful and patient person, otherwise known as “terminally perky”.
13. Sometimes I’m not very tolerant of stupid people.
14. I need lots of sleep and try to get at least 9 hours per night.
15. I was adopted as an infant because my birth mom was only 15, Catholic, and her mom wouldn't let her keep me.
16. My adopted parents are deceased and my birth mom has terminal cancer.
17. I have two certifiably crazy adopted sisters who I try to stay far away from.
18. I have three perfectly nice half-sisters (and a half-brother) whom I’ve only known for 15 years.
19. I’ve never had a real 5-day/40-hour-a-week job and I can’t drive a car.
20. I’ve been totally in love with the same man since I was 17. (Luckily he’s the one I'm married to!)

Gee, I could keep going on this for another 20 but I’ll stop now. I have another migraine today — or probably it's the continuation of yesterday's. And I have to teach tonight too. My poor newbie spinners will get a semi-nonfunctional instructor. Maybe the headache will go away by then. Maybe?

Oh, and I almost forgot...I have great news! My darling daughter is finally getting married to her sweetie. Oh goodie — a wedding in the family! And a new son-in-law. Yes, I do love the guy and they are great together. I'm so happy for her. And there's more! If all went well last evening, they have just bought themselves their first home. It's a condominium but it's got wonderful amenities and they can (just) afford it. Seems like things are going very well indeed for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that great news! It would seem that 'the gods' send joy to help ease the pain.
Life is quite a roller coaster ride ain't it?

your buddy in the Shuswap