Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Madder Addendum

I decided that I was saving the remains of the madder in the freezer for no good reason since it’s pretty much played out so I decided to thaw it out and use what colour was left to tint the rest of my moorit wool handspun (the part I didn’t use in the Icelandic Lace Shawl). There’s 150 g (about 800 or so yards), which should be enough for another lace shawl. Maybe the Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn Clark from Interweave Knits Fall 2004. This one can be easily expanded or contracted depending on how much yarn I have by adding or subtracting repeats of the main lace pattern. The edging is an extension of that so it automatically fits properly. As long as I leave enough yarn to complete it. I love Evelyn’s smallish shawls. They are just complex enough to keep me interested but once you’re done, you’re done. No extra picked up or knitted on edgings. Just work in the ends and block. My friend (hi, Silk!) is planning to knit this pattern soon too so maybe I’ll join her. But not until I’ve done the Hepburn Cardi first! Help me resist starting something new before I finish my sweater! Socks, wristwarmers, mitts and gloves don’t count. Really.

Today I went to our Spectrum Study Group meeting where again we had a lively show-and-tell, some heavy discussion and a wonderful lunch but we never got any actual work done. Again. Oh well. Nobody is marking us on our projects. However I was going to start knitting my ornament for the December guild meeting/Christmas party. I’ll begin that tomorrow morning before I head over to one of the local coffee shops for another get-together with our Ravelry group, the Terminal City Yarn Wranglers.

I was hoping to have time to show the latest pair of Baby Socks that I finished. These ones turned out ok. I’ll get a chance to put them on Stargazer on Tuesday when we go over to their new house for the first time. Unfortunately I have to go feed T-Man some supper. I’m still full from lunch!

No comments: